After a long time rather after a month got some free time to look at this place.Horrible work at office as usual.Well,before I start posting some cool stuff on Windows Phone 7.1 and Silverlight 5 again.Lets get ready with tools again.
Microsoft announced Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit recently and its worth downloading since it is now revised with some bug fixes, smooth performance and decent controls by which you can build good quality apps for your Mango Platform aka WP 7.1
Name : Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit SDK 7.1 (“Mango”) August 2011
Some new in this Toolkit :
- ExpanderView - for building expanding and collapsing items
- PhoneTextBox - for enhanced text box with action icon support, watermarking, etc.
- DateTimePickers - for Date and Time into apps
- HubTitle- for building animated and informative tiles
- LockablePivots - for displaying current item only usually used with multiple selection
- MultiSelectList - for multiple selection with lists of data scenarios
- LongListSelector - redesigned for Mango to give smooth scroll
Where to Report Bugs, feedback suggestions for this Toolkit ? :
So this is sufficient for you people to get ready with the tools and very soon I will start posting samples and quick demos on top of this toolkit.Not much break now and I will be back here soon.
Why I & this blog was on silent mode for last couple of weeks :
- Done some presentations on Silverlight & Windows Phone 7 in community last month
- Building some cool demos on Silverlight 5,Work in Progress
Some random snaps from my recent Silverlight & Windows Phone 7 sessions in community at Pune, India :
So folks, see you very soon with some good quality stuff on Silverlight 5 and Windows Phone 7.1 here,have a great week ahead !